Burr what happened to the weekend?
I’ve collected quite a few bits that need pin headers soldering over the past few weeks and for another project I’m working on I wanted to do some testing with a relay.
First up was drilling the stripboard for a relay and a couple of SMD diodes.
Since I wanted to use it in a breadboard I went for the copper side up so it was easy to see the orientation of the diodes/relay without having to flip it or use a sticker.
To accommodate the TXS2-4.5V relay I bent the pins over “SMD” style so it could be mounted on the top of the stripboard. If only Farnell had the SMD relay I originally wanted to use in stock this wouldn’t have been needed.
By the time I’d finished the stripboard was a little scorched as the hot air gun was turned up too high from the previous job.
I then went for a bulk solder on the pins I could hold in place with the breadboard – I2C Level Shifter / Adafruit MAX4466 / Sparkfun ESP8266.
I’m planning to use the Pololu U3V50F5 step up voltage regulator in my 9x9x9 LED cube project to boost the battery voltage to power the Raspberry Pi so I went with the screw terminals which looked a bit lost in the pads :(.
To connect the TURNIGY3V7-750 to a Sparkfun ESP8266 I needed to switch it to the JST connector. Chopping one wire at a time makes it a little safer but the wires are probably stiff enough to stay in position for a few minutes whilst soldering and popping a section of heat shrink tube over them.
Since I had a few W25Q128FV left over from the Teensy+OctoWS2811B+Hat v1.1 board I populated it on the Teensy Audio Adaptor Board, 16MB of FLASH might come in handy one day…
I ordered a set of stackable headers for the Teensy 3.2 so I could still access the pins whilst connected to the Teensy Audio Adaptor. I decided against using the 5 pin connector on the end as they served no purpose with the audio adapter and also prevented using the Teensy in a breadboard.
The poor Arduino Leonardo was unlucky tonight as I have no immediate use for it.