The new TOH v1.1 PCB arrived (Teensy+OctoWS2811+Hat) so time for soldering.
1) I started populating the board with the 3.3v regulator (U6) which comes in a small (3mm x 3mm) WSON-6 package.
2) Capacitors for the regulator. I then tested the regulator with the bench supply in the 5v pin header sockets (JP7) and all looked good on the 3.3v rail.
3) SMD connector for the RPi, the power LED (LED2) and associated resistor (R12). This time I went with Amber so I could easily spot the v1.1 board. (v1.0 used green).
4) MINI54 TQFP (pre-programmed from PJRC)
5) Freescale KINETIS MK20DX256VLH7
6) The Micro USB connector needed a little modification as it has small locator pins protruding from the bottom of the connector but these are not present in the part I used in Eagle so I cut them off with a sharp chisel.
7) Micro USB connector mounted on the PCB.
8) All capacitors on the top of the board (ceramic).
9) Capacitors on the underside of the board (again ceramic).
10) SD Card socket.
11) Red LED (LED1) and associated resistor (R9).
12) 32.768 khz crystal for the RTC (Real Time Clock) and a 3.2mm x 2.5mm 16Mhz crystal for the main clock.
13) Quick test to check for any issues so far with the bench power supply (5V with a current limit).
After the powered test I called it a night as it was 23:30.