More work was done on the box today.
I drilled 3 holes for each PCB which line up with the solder pins on the underside of the board so I didn’t have to remove as much wood.
And more holes one for each corner of the square so I can easily get the jigsaw in.
After cutting out the squares under the PCB next up was the box assembly.
The small pieces of balsa (offcuts from the LED spire jigs) was used to raise the sides to make the step in the top of the box for the lid.
It was then left to dry in the kitchen (as you do when it’s way too cold in the garage).
After a couple of hours of the glue drying on the box I added reinforcing triangles/blocks to the inside. The triangles are short enough to allow the base to fit inside the bottom of the box rather than being flush with the sides.